Getting Data In

Save token values so they can persist beyond session timeout

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have a dashboard, where I can select a number of items from a list of many thousand. These selected items are added to build a token used as search criteria for subsequent searches and are used to drive dependent panels in the dashboard.

If I leave the browser and the Splunk session times out and I log in again, those token values are lost, so I have to start again to select those items I want to see.

What I want is to be able to persist those token values, e.g. to a csv, and to use load them or clear them based on a checkbox input or something like that.

Any idea how I can write tokens to a csv?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

Refer to Splunk KVStore tutorial... http://dev.splunk.com/view/webframework-tutorials/SP-CAAAEZT

View solution in original post

niketn
Legend

Refer to Splunk KVStore tutorial... http://dev.splunk.com/view/webframework-tutorials/SP-CAAAEZT

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you convert it to an answer and I'll accept it.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@bowesmana... glad it worked. 🙂

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thanks for that, I've always wondered how to use kvstore. Tutorial has a slight difference for 6.6, but works.

I am not keen to have to use Javascript and html dashboards, but I've got inputlookup/outputlookup working to the kvstore as a principle, so should be able to work those into the existing dashboard.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...