Getting Data In

Role or User Specific Web Session Timeout

yh
Explorer

Hi all,

I have read through the splunk documentation for session timeout here, but these seems to be for splunk overall.
Configure user session timeouts - Splunk Documentation

However I am not able to make the user timeout to be user or role specific. Is there any solution for that?

I read in one of the posts previously that someone is able to perform such role-specific wise which also works for me if it can be done:
Session timeout for a Single username (not group) ... - Splunk Community
However there wasn't much information on how he/she was able to do so.

The main intent for me is to set admin users / normal users the usual timeout eg 1 hour, and dashboard accounts to not be logged out on the other hand.

Any possible advice, as it seems to be doable.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

yh
Explorer

Further updates, the JS in the previous thread works so long as I leave the browser on that particular dashboard, tested it running for few days and no log outs occured.

Anyway, hoping there could be a more direct way to set the settings for the group or user though.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

if you are talking about session timeout (how long it takes before splunk logout idle user) then it's a global system wide setting. But as @richgalloway thinking @JY1 are probably talking about some other time out parameter.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

yh
Explorer

Thanks, I did try the method here, but it doesn't seem effective.

Solved: User-specific browser session timeout? - Splunk Community

Are there other ways, regardless of which timeout settings I can use to ensure my particular dashboard user does not logged out?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...

Updated Data Management and AWS GDI Inventory in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to Data Management and Infrastructure Inventory for AWS. The Data Management page, ...