Getting Data In

Rex command returns null despte the regular expression being correct

gynexcore

Hello there,

I am attempting to write a rex command that pulls the distinguished name from a windows event log. My regular expression claims to be working according to regex101.com, however, in Splunk the field DistName returns null every time when inside of a table. The specific info i am looking for is:

CN=John\, Doe,OU=K-O,OU=Reg,OU=Exit,OU=Heigh,DC=workbuilding,DC=treestump,DC=WalMart,DC=com

Here is my regular expression:

(?<DistName>(?=CN=|cn=).+?(?=.{6}:))

And here is a sample of a log that I am trying to parse:

A member was added to a security-enabled global group. Subject: Security ID:    X-9-9-99-999999999-9999999999-999999999-999999 Account Name:    Windows10 Account Domain: Logon ID: Member: Security ID:     Account Name:  CN=John\, Doe,OU=K-O,OU=Reg,OU=Exit,OU=Heigh,DC=workbuilding,DC=treestump,DC=WalMart,DC=com Group: Security ID: 9-9-99-999999999-9999999999-999999999-9999999 Group Name: Raush - Bestie User Certificate Access Group Domain: Additional Information: Privileges:      

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

0 Karma
1 Solution

ololdach
Builder

Try this one:

(?<DistName>CN=|cn=.+)?\sGroup:

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ololdach
Builder

Try this one:

(?<DistName>CN=|cn=.+)?\sGroup:
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...