Getting Data In

Rest commands with search time reference

splunkdivya
Explorer

Hi Splunkers,

I need to search alerts triggered for my app in the given time range. The time range is selected from time range picker. Do anyone have any inputs?

I am struggling with:
| rest /servicesNS/-/-/saved/searches search="eai:acl.app=test AND disabled=0" | table title eai:acl.app eai:acl.owner disabled is_scheduled cron_schedule

but this gives consistent result irrespective of time selected.

please help with some pointers

Best,

Tags (2)
0 Karma

elliotproebstel
Champion

Specifying time ranges with the rest command is a little wonky, but it's totally doable. Here's an example, which would search over yesterday:

| rest /servicesNS/-/-/saved/searches search="eai:acl.app=test AND disabled=0" earliest_time=`time_modifier(-1d@d)` latest_time=`time_modifier(@d)` 
| table title eai:acl.app eai:acl.owner disabled is_scheduled cron_schedule

The time modifiers you can use are the ones documented here: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/6.6.3/SearchReference/SearchTimeModifiers

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...