Getting Data In

Regex parse message to multiple lines help

kevincai79
Engager

I have a below message: 
[32minfo: [Clean Storage] brand/market/testing1.html, brand/market/testing2.html, brand/market/testing3.html were successfully deleted from container stores-test

How do I use the splunk query to show the message as below:
brand market testing1.html
brand market testing2.html
brand market testing3.html

i've spent hours trying and I just could not got it right.

Thanks for your help.

0 Karma

harishalipaka
Motivator

Hi @kevincai79

try this --

|makeresults |eval hari="[32minfo: [Clean Storage] brand/market/testing1.html, brand/market/testing2.html, brand/market/testing3.html were successfully deleted from container stores-test" |table hari |rex field=hari "\] (?<Newfield>.*) were" |eval hari=trim(split(Newfield,",")) |rex field=hari mode=sed "s/\// /g" |table hari
Thanks
Harish

manjunathmeti
Champion

Use rex command with max_match=0. Try this.

| makeresults 
| eval _raw="[32minfo: [Clean Storage] brand/market/testing1.html, brand/market/testing2.html, brand/market/testing3.html were successfully deleted from container stores-test" 
| rex max_match=0 "(?<message>[\w\/]+.html)" 
| mvexpand message 
| eval message=replace(message, "/", " ") 
| table message

vnravikumar
Champion

Please use Code Sample or Ctrl + K to post your sample message.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...