Getting Data In

Regex parse message to multiple lines help

kevincai79
Engager

I have a below message: 
[32minfo: [Clean Storage] brand/market/testing1.html, brand/market/testing2.html, brand/market/testing3.html were successfully deleted from container stores-test

How do I use the splunk query to show the message as below:
brand market testing1.html
brand market testing2.html
brand market testing3.html

i've spent hours trying and I just could not got it right.

Thanks for your help.

0 Karma

harishalipaka
Motivator

Hi @kevincai79

try this --

|makeresults |eval hari="[32minfo: [Clean Storage] brand/market/testing1.html, brand/market/testing2.html, brand/market/testing3.html were successfully deleted from container stores-test" |table hari |rex field=hari "\] (?<Newfield>.*) were" |eval hari=trim(split(Newfield,",")) |rex field=hari mode=sed "s/\// /g" |table hari
Thanks
Harish

manjunathmeti
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use rex command with max_match=0. Try this.

| makeresults 
| eval _raw="[32minfo: [Clean Storage] brand/market/testing1.html, brand/market/testing2.html, brand/market/testing3.html were successfully deleted from container stores-test" 
| rex max_match=0 "(?<message>[\w\/]+.html)" 
| mvexpand message 
| eval message=replace(message, "/", " ") 
| table message

vnravikumar
Champion

Please use Code Sample or Ctrl + K to post your sample message.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...