Getting Data In

Reading a JSON file from HTML or Javascript

chaninphx
Path Finder

Hi all! I'm trying to find a way to get my javascript file called mapsScript.js in my appserver/static folder to read a json file. The only thing is I've been putting my json file called buildings.json in multiple folders and even the same folder as my javascript file and it still will won't read it. Can someone tell me where I should put my json file, and what the best way to read it is. I've searched all over for another question like this or for a tutorial and I couldn't find one. Thanks!

var jsonObj = $.getJSON("buildings.json");

0 Karma

sbbadri
Motivator

@chaninphx

Splunk UF is capable of reading JSON file. You use props.conf and transforms.conf to extract fields from your json file.

props.conf

_json ]
SHOULD_LINEMERGE=true
NO_BINARY_CHECK=true
CHARSET=UTF-8
INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS=json
KV_MODE=none
category=Structured
description=JavaScript Object Notation format. For more information, visit http://json.org/
disabled=false
pulldown_type=true

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...