Getting Data In

REST API search issue in Postman

gartnerj
Explorer

I have the Authorization figured working, but every time I run a search, I get the following error:
(NOTE the AAA/BBB/nnn stuff is just to mask actual values in this post)

<messages>
        <msg type="DEBUG">Configuration initialization for /var/splunkhot/splunk/etc took 112ms when dispatching a search (search ID: 1556216662.24755_33CF52FC-F282-491A-875E-F8EC1EB01F4C)</msg>
        <msg type="DEBUG">Invalid eval expression for 'EVAL-url_length' in stanza [pan:threat]: The expression is malformed. Expected LIKE.</msg>
        <msg type="DEBUG">base lispy: [ AND host::AAAAAAA source::/app/jboss/BBBBBB/log/server.log ]</msg>
        <msg type="DEBUG">search context: user="nnnnnnn", app="search", bs-pathname="/var/splunkhot/splunk/etc"</msg>
    </messages>

The actual search I have in the body of the POST is:

search=search+host%3DAAAAAAA+source%3D%2Fapp%2Fjboss%2BBBBBB%2Flog%2Fserver.log+%7C+search+ERROR+earliest%3D-4h

I've even done just a SIMPLE search:

search=search+host%3DAAAAAAA

and I STILL get an error.

Any ideas what the issue is??

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...