Getting Data In

Problems with time stamp

sgarcia
Explorer

I have a device that is reporting to the splunk through syslog, that device first goes through an F5 and the F5 gives me the traffic to my heavy forwarders. The problem is that the year of the time stamp is out of date, the date when a server event is generated is 2022 and in the search head, I see it as 2017. I don't know if the problem is from the origin server at the syslog protocol level or in the transport layer or at the collection level within the splunk. This issue only occurs on 3 computers out of 10.

I have reviewed the prop settings, but if I don't see the year in the source data, I will hardly be able to modify the timestamp.

Regards

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @sgarcia,

could you share some sample of your data, both original and parsed in Splunk if possible?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

sgarcia
Explorer

Hello my friend

It was already solved, the props.conf file was configured and I could see the events reflected with the current date.

Regards

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What is different about those 3 computers compared to the other 7?

0 Karma

sgarcia
Explorer

Hello

It was already solved, the props.conf file was configured and I could see the events reflected with the current date.

Regards

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...