Getting Data In

Problem with display anonymised values in splunk with SEDCMD :

virtuosoo
Explorer

Hello community,

I am trying to anonymise Data in Splunk, For that purpose I am using SEDCMD in splunk , The transformation applies perfectly with the _raw field ,but the fields are not modified accordingly.Please note that I do use csv extraction. Can U help ?
In my props.conf .Here's my command :

SEDCMD-NUMR_TICK = s/(SAV-xDSL)([0-9]{5})([0-9]{5})/NUMR1\3\2/g

My output is "which is correct" :

alt text

But when showing events I have my data shown without being anonymised :

alt text

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Sounds like the indexed extractions take place before SEDCMD modifies the raw event. So you would need to write a TRANSFORMS command in props/transforms to perform the same translation on the field. If I'm not mistaken, that should work as follows.

props.conf

TRANSFORMS-NUMR_TICK = NUMR_TICK

transforms.conf

[NUMR_TICK]
SOURCE_KEY = field:NUMR_TICK
REGEX = (SAV-xDSL)([0-9]{5})([0-9]{5})
FORMAT = NUMR_TICK::NUMR1$3$2
WRITE_META = true

virtuosoo
Explorer

Hello FrankVl ,

Thank you for your reply , I have followed your indications, It has solved my problem partially but not totally because now I have an output with multiple values NUMR_TICK :

NUMR_TICK SAV-xDSL0003460059

NUMR16005900034

This is my new configuration :

[NUMR_TICK]
FORMAT = NUMR_TICK::NUMRERIC1$3$2
MV_ADD = 0
REGEX = (SAV-xDSL)([0-9]{5})([0-9]{5})
SOURCE_KEY = field:NUMR_TICK
WRITE_META = true

I have added MV_ADD to avoid that behavior.But I've got no results.

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

MV_ADD is only valid for search time extractions.

There is something in the docs about using $0 at the start of the FORMAT string: FORMAT = $0 NUMR_TICK::NUMRERIC1$3$2

But I don't fully understand what effect that would have (but perhaps worth a try). I've never done this myself, so you may need to wait for someone else to come by this question to help you further.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...