Getting Data In

Parse some text from log

claudio9494

Hi everyone,
i've got some log like this:

[2019-02-01 14:51:43][P][APPLICATION/controllers/access_controller.php:166  in access_controller::_get_authenticated_user()] [24418549=Laetitia resoludor] _get_authenticated_user -> session_start
[2019-02-01 14:51:43][P][APPLICATION/mappers/exam_mapper.php:15 SQL->query_single_row()  in exam_mapper::getExam()] [24418549=Laetitia resoludor] [DB] INIT: mysql:host=hidden.com;dbname=myapp
[2019-02-01 14:51:43][P][APPLICATION/mappers/exam_mapper.php:15 SQL->query_single_row()  in exam_mapper::getExam()] [24418549=Laetitia resoludor] [SQL][myapp/mysql] 
SELECT *
        FROM app_exam 
        INNER JOIN  app_qcm ON app_exam.id_qcm = app_qcm.id_qcm
        WHERE app_exam.id_exam = 4506873

[2019-02-01 14:51:43][P][APPLICATION/mappers/exam_mapper.php:15 SQL->query_single_row()  in exam_mapper::getExam()] [24418549=Laetitia resoludor] [SQL][myapp/mysql] 
[2019-02-01 14:51:52][P][APPLICATION/mappers/exam_login_mapper.php:231 SQL->query_all()  in exam_login_mapper::selectAllByIdExamWithoutXML3()] [24418549=Laetitia resoludor] [SQL][myapp/mysql] 
SELECT id_exam_sheet,  points, note, current_question, total_question,options
        FROM app_exam_login
        INNER JOIN app_exam_sheet ON app_exam_login.id_exam_login = app_exam_sheet.id_exam_login
        where app_exam_login.id_exam=4506873
        order by id_exam_sheet;

i need to parse the [24418549=Laetitia resoludor] the field inside the box bracket (numberfield=name) can change,
how i can do that?
i've find a regex that can do that "[0-9]\d+=([A-Z])\w+ \w+" how i can apply that to splunk search and reporting?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

rshah_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can use rex command to accomplish your task.

Ex. | rex field=_raw "[0-9]\d+=(?[A-Z]\w+\s+\w+)"

This will extract the value in field called "myfield"
Reference: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.3/SearchReference/Rex,

0 Karma

claudio9494

thanks, how i can extract from all event ?

0 Karma

rshah_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

All event means ? Can you help me understand ?
Just to note that as we have provided field=_raw, we will be applying that regex on entire raw event.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...