Getting Data In

Palo Alto Syslog being Indexed, but not parsed

cklinkbeil

I saw the other forum posts, and they are not the same Issue i am having. I have configured the PA to directly send syslog's to the Splunk server. Its a single node deployment. I installed the Addon as well as the PA dashboard app. I am using the default syslog format of BSD with no custom formats.

I created a Pan_logs Index and a UDP data input on 5514, with a sourcetype of pan:log. I have also tried other source types such as pan:firewall, pan:traffic....etc

I can do a search on the index, and it comes up with all the syslog messages. The source type is pan:traffic from most of them. config changes come in with pan:config.

The index is configured with the App of the Addon

None of the data is being parsed into the dashboard. A search of eventtype="pan_firewall" yields no results.

What am I missing? I feel like its a Splunk config i need.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

cklinkbeil

To add to what I typed previously, when I search the index, it looks like the "sourcetype" is not being converted from "pan:config" to "pan_config"

all of the source types still have the ":" in them.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...