Getting Data In

Newbie Syslog question

Sparky
Engager

Hi There.. What is the best way to accomplish the following: I have several users who are on XP notebooks who need to run reports against a pix firewall log file. The file is being updated all the time on a Solaris box. I have installed splunk on my xp notebook and tested successfully against local log files.

What is the best way for 4 people to get access to splunk console so that reports can be run from the firewall file that is constantly being updated on the solaris server. Thanks

Tags (1)

dwaddle
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk is a web application - anyone in your network with a browser who can successfully reach the SplunkWeb webserver can "run reports" (technically perform searches). And, Splunk runs on Solaris. Your best bet for this limited scenario is to install Splunk on the solaris machine, and allow all of your users to access it using SplunkWeb.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...