Getting Data In

Need to convert the timezone dynamically

manojchacko78
Path Finder

Hello there,

I would like to convert the  default time to the local country timezone and place the converted timezone next to the default one

The defaut timezone is Central European time and based on the country name available in the report, need to conver the timezone. I guess i need to have a lookup table which the coutryname and the timezone of that country

Timestamp

CountryCode

CountryName

Region

2023-10-29T13:15:51.711ZBRBrazilAmericas
2023-10-30T10:13:19.160ZBHBahrainAPEC
2023-10-30T19:15:24.263ZAEArab EmiratesAPEC

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk doesn't really offer a means to convert time zones since each user has the ability to set their own preferred time zone.

If you really want to do it, then your lookup table will need to provide the offset from the default time zone to the local country time zone.  The you should be able to pass that value to the relative_time function.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk doesn't really offer a means to convert time zones since each user has the ability to set their own preferred time zone.

If you really want to do it, then your lookup table will need to provide the offset from the default time zone to the local country time zone.  The you should be able to pass that value to the relative_time function.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

manojchacko78
Path Finder

Worked, thanks

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...