Getting Data In

Need to Disable A Process Name with Event ID

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

We are collecting Wineventlog data from Security, Application & System.

In Security we want to disable a particular Event Code which is having the corresponding New_Process_Name.

EventCode=4688 

New_Process_Message=C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Symantec\\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\\bin\\xxxx.exe

So how can i write the inputs.conf and blacklist the Eventcode with New_Process_Message. 

Similarly I have around 30 + New_Process_Message for the EventCode=4688 so how can i blacklist all of them.

Kindly help to provide the inputs.conf for the same.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

Thanks.

But it would be really helpful if you can provide a inputs config file so that i can check on the same.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

Hi All,

I have tried to disable EventCode=4688 with New Process Name filtration but the logs are still getting ingested into Splunk.

@isoutamo @woodcock Hence kindly help on my request.

Here are my inputs.conf

blacklist = EventCode="4688" Message="(?:New Process Name:).+(?:Windows\\System32\\conhost.exe)"
blacklist0 = EventCode="4688" Message="(?:New Process Name:).+(?:SplunkUniversalForwarder\\bin\\splunk-winhostinfo.exe)"
blacklist1 = EventCode="4688" Message="(?:New Process Name:).+(?:Symantec\\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\\bin\\USNWash.exe)"
blacklist2 = EventCode="4688" Message="(?:New Process Name:).+(?:Symantec\\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\\bin\\XDelta64\\xdelta3.exe)"
blacklist3 = EventCode="4688" Message="(?:New Process Name:).+(?:Symantec\\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\\tomcat\\bin\\sempub.exe)"

So kindly help to correct me where is the gap. So that i can update the same for the rest of the "New Process Name".

Tags (1)
0 Karma

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

Can anyone help on my request please.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...