Getting Data In

Monitoring OpenAI usage in Splunk

edalbanese
Engager

We are rolling out a customer service chatbot. Has anyone needed to collect the data such as input/output and logs between an chatbot and OpenAI to monitor it in Splunk? If so, what did you use to GDI?   One other note; there is the possibility for customers to share images or video with the chatbot; wondering if anyone has tried to collect this type of data in Splunk?  

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @edalbanese ,

I don't usually work with OpenAI, even if I'll do it in the next future for a new customer.

But I saw two italian Splunk Sales Engineers that did exactly what you are searching with this add on.

They showed this concept app in a meeting of the Italia Splunk User Group.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @edalbanese ,

I still didn't used it, but I saw a colleague that used the OB OpenAI ChatGPT App at https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/6957 .

About images, for my knowledge, at the moment Splunk stores and searches only text files.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

edalbanese
Engager

Thank you @gcusello   When I look at the add-on you posted, it seems to be a tool that helps to use OpenAI, within Splunk, to request additional context/perspective on specific questions or monitors (e.g. "Is this malicious?") My goal is actually just to get the content into Splunk first. So, for example, a web app that has a chatbot built in. The chatbot might receive input in text (or image/video) from users and then it generates a response (e.g. "Here is the documentation/help file relevant to that particular request"). I want to store all the activity between the application/user and OpenAI for evaluating security or compliance concerns using Splunk searches. Any thoughts on that? I could ask the App Engineer to log the input and output via HEC I guess. But I'm wondering if others have started logging OpenAI calls/responses (or any LLM such as Anthropic or Cohere or Gemini etc.) into Splunk yet? Thanks!

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @edalbanese ,

I don't usually work with OpenAI, even if I'll do it in the next future for a new customer.

But I saw two italian Splunk Sales Engineers that did exactly what you are searching with this add on.

They showed this concept app in a meeting of the Italia Splunk User Group.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...