Getting Data In

Monitor alerts (alarm if alerts do not work)

igschloessl
Explorer

Hello together,

i want to monitor existing alerts in splunk. For the case that an alarm doesn't work proper and doesn't find anything I want to get a notice or an alarm for that.

I do not know how to do this far.

Is there something in the internal index where splunk logs its alarms? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

As a starting point have a look at index=_internal sourcetype=scheduler this will give you all scheduled search logs like, when it started, when its completed, eventcount, resultcount, timetaken etc.

igschloessl
Explorer

Thank you. I tried to do a summary with appendcols

index=_internal sourcetype=scheduler earliest=-7d@d latest=-0d@d
| eval period="-7d"
| stats count min(result_count) as min_result_count max(result_count) as max_result_count avg(result_count) as avg_result_count by savedsearch_name app period
| eval avg_result_count= round(avg_result_count,2)
| table savedsearch_name app period min_result_count max_result_count avg_result_count count

| appendcols [search index=_internal sourcetype=scheduler earliest=-14d@d latest=-7@d
| eval period= "-14d"
| stats count min(result_count) as min_result_count max(result_count) as max_result_count avg(result_count) as avg_result_count by savedsearch_name app period
| table savedsearch_name app period min_result_count max_result_count avg_result_count count
]
| appendcols [search index=_internal sourcetype=scheduler earliest=-21d@d latest=-14@d
| eval period= "-21d"
]
But this does not work. And I dont know how to alarm if the counts are highly different from the weeks before.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...