Getting Data In

Modify CSV attachment name when emailed

zindain24
Path Finder

I am looking for a way to modify the default CSV name "splunk-results.csv" in version 6.2.1. I need the CSV attachments to be named "$searchname.csv" so I can email them to SharePoint and have the files be identifiable by name.

In older versions of Splunk before 6.0.1 I was able to modify ($splunk_home/etc/apps/search/bin/sendemail.py) but the script changed in one of the more recent versions and I am unable to make it work now.

Greatly appreciate any advice you can offer!

Tags (2)
0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.1/SearchReference/Outputcsv

Take a look there, you can specify the filename

0 Karma

zindain24
Path Finder

Thanks for your comments Mark, although this command doesn't appear to change the CSV name when emailed.

Any other thoughts?

0 Karma

ben_leung
Builder

I also want to know if there is a way to modify the CSV name when emailed.

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

Use the filename arguement.
Syntax: <filename>
Description: Specify the name of a csv file to write the search results. This file should be located in $SPLUNK_HOME/var/run/splunk. If no filename specified, rewrites the contents of each result as a CSV row into the "_xml" field. Otherwise writes into a file (appends ".csv" to filename if filename has no existing extension).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...