Getting Data In

Maximum size of HTTP POST Request and receivers/stream endpoint

stevanic
Explorer

Hi community,

I got a couple of questions regarding POST request to receivers/stream endpoint.

1. I have used API endpoint receivers/stream to upload events to Splunk and I am just wondering what is the maximum size of HTTP POST request Splunk API can accept.

2. If e.g. the maximum is 10 MB, does this mean that if I want to submit 20 MB data, I need to breakdown the data and submit it in two requests?

3. How long does streaming API socket remain open after the initial request? In Python script examples in REST api documentation, the code tries to send a request every second and I'm just wondering what is the maximum interval between request before the connection is closed.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

stevanic
Explorer

Maximum size of HTTP request is specified in limits.conf->max_content_length

View solution in original post

stevanic
Explorer

Maximum size of HTTP request is specified in limits.conf->max_content_length

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...