Getting Data In

Local host refused to connect

cscott
Engager

I am unable to connect to the SPLUNK server for my 60-day trial.  I was able to connect yesterday but today I am unable to connect and am getting the following message:  "Hmmm... can't reach this page.  localhost refused to connect" when  I entered:  http://localhost:8000/en-US/account/login?return_to=%2Fen-US%2F   I called Norton and they stated that the firewall is not denying access but the problem is on the SPLUNK server end.  Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @cscott 

might be chance that Splunk was down, 

from command prompt
cd C:\Program Files\Splunk\bin

run following command 

splunk status ---> if this output shows splunk not running  start splunk using below command

splunk start

----
Regards,
Sanjay Reddy

----
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated

View solution in original post

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @cscott 

might be chance that Splunk was down, 

from command prompt
cd C:\Program Files\Splunk\bin

run following command 

splunk status ---> if this output shows splunk not running  start splunk using below command

splunk start

----
Regards,
Sanjay Reddy

----
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated

cscott
Engager

Sanjay, thank you so much.  It worked!!!

Very appreciative cscott_0-1688168282636.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...