Getting Data In

Is there an easy way to monitor disk size from a remote Windows machine?

carlyleadmin
Contributor

Hi,

i have a windows environment and universal forwarder installed on the servers and forwarding different type of logs.
i want to monitor the disk size for the server as its drives sometimes fills up with logs files and basically after that create an alert when it reaches a certain point.

i am using forwarder on the server with wmi.conf as it seems like the way to send that data.i tried using perfmon://LocalPhysicalDisk stanza with wmi.conf but i think that is only used for local systems so i am using WMI:LocalPhysicalDisk stanza now

this is what i set up on my wmi.conf from the splunk documentation but i think this only give me the disk and memory performance.i am sure there is an esay way to just get disk size but can't seem to find it.any help is greatly appreciated

[WMI:LocalPhysicalDisk]
interval = 300
wql = select Name, DiskBytesPerSec, PercentDiskReadTime,PercentDiskWriteTime, PercentDiskTime from \
Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfDisk_PhysicalDisk
disabled = 0
index = fam_perfmon

[WMI:LocalMainMemory]
interval = 300
wql = select CommittedBytes, AvailableBytes, PercentCommittedBytesInUse, Caption from \
Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_Memory
disabled = 0
index = fam_perfmon

Thanks alot in advance

0 Karma
1 Solution

nickhills
Ultra Champion

You could try:

[WMI:LocalPhysicalDiskInfo]
interval = 300
wql = select Name, FreeSpace, Size from Win32_LogicalDisk
disabled = 0
index = fam_perfmon
If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

nickhills
Ultra Champion

You could try:

[WMI:LocalPhysicalDiskInfo]
interval = 300
wql = select Name, FreeSpace, Size from Win32_LogicalDisk
disabled = 0
index = fam_perfmon
If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!

carlyleadmin
Contributor

Thanks Nickhillscpl. that is exactly what i was looking for.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...