Getting Data In

Is there an easy way to export to csv a list of all my forwarder clients from my deployment server?

bcusick
Communicator

Hi,

Is there an easy way of exporting a list of all my forwarder clients from my deployment server to csv? I just need a list of them without having to search for them via active data in Splunk.

Thanks!
B

rwright6
Engager

Try this:

| rest /services/deployment/server/clients | table hostname

jlemoine
Path Finder

This one works for me. Have to add the " | table hostname "

0 Karma

marcoscala
Builder

adding "|table hostname" prevent the browser to hang because there are maybe too many columns.
Thanks!

0 Karma

aaronkorn
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

On the DS you should be able to run | rest /services/deployment/server/clients to generate a base search to cleanup/filter then export.

tmeader
Contributor

This returns nothing on my deployment server, despite having ~126 clients. Any ideas? I really could use something like this though, as the immutability of the built in "Forwarder management" dashboard makes it essentially useless.

Thanks.

mandrewjeski
Explorer

ditto, doesn't work

0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

Works for me when running it on the UI of the deployment server.

0 Karma

shawngarrettsgp
Path Finder

| rest /services/deployment/server/clients | table hostname,ip

Referencing from here
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.0/RESTREF/RESTdeploy

0 Karma

mikkorh
Explorer

Reviving this from the dead in case someone else suffers from the "no results":

| rest splunk_server=local /services/deployment/server/clients | table hostname,ip

mendesjo
Path Finder

same here.. nothing.. another query that doesn't work.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...