Getting Data In

Is there a REST API call or other method to check which files were processed by a Splunk forwarder in the past?

anoopambli
Communicator

I have a customer complaining that one of the sourcetype data is not appearing for couple of days in the past. I see the files for those dates are available in customer's server, but Splunk didn't pick them up for only few days. (10th - 14th) on all other days it worked. I don't find anything wrong with the Splunk config and couldn't find anything from the logs which says an issue about Splunk.

Question is, is there a REST call or any other method to find which files a Splunk forwarder processed in the past? Like if I wanted to check which files were processed by splunkforwarder yesterday; is there a way to find that?

0 Karma

Yasaswy
Contributor

Hi, something like
index=_internal host=yourForwarder earliest=-1d@d latest=@d per_source_thruput|stats avg(kb) by series
might help

0 Karma

maciep
Champion

I don't think this is what you're looking for exactly, but this should give you an idea of the files splunk is tailing.

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd component="TailingProcessor" "adding watch"
0 Karma

anoopambli
Communicator

thanks for your reply. If i am not wrong splunkd will show those entries in log only after a recycle of forwarder.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...