Getting Data In

Is it possible to use the "latest" time modifier as a field for calculations?

HeinzWaescher
Motivator

Hi,

I would like to use the "latest" time modifier that is defined by the the timerange picker or in my base search as a value for calculations. Is there a field that includes this timestamp and can be used?

Thanks in advance
Heinz

0 Karma
1 Solution

elliotproebstel
Champion

You can get that value by using the addinfo command. Use | addinfo and your events will all have four new fields:

info_min_time: corresponds to the "earliest" time in your timepicker
info_max_time: corresponds to the "latest" time in your timepicker <-- the one you want
info_sid: the ID of the search you ran
info_search_time: the time you ran the search

View solution in original post

elliotproebstel
Champion

You can get that value by using the addinfo command. Use | addinfo and your events will all have four new fields:

info_min_time: corresponds to the "earliest" time in your timepicker
info_max_time: corresponds to the "latest" time in your timepicker <-- the one you want
info_sid: the ID of the search you ran
info_search_time: the time you ran the search

HeinzWaescher
Motivator

this works fine, thanks 🙂

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi HeinzWaescher,
you can use it in dashboard panels as token: e.g. if your time picher token is called "Time", you have $Time.latest$
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...