Getting Data In

Is it possible to use the oneshot command in a bash script without login prompt?

dajibade
bash-4.1# cat test_script
#!/bin/bash
sudo -H  -u splunk bash -c '/opt/splunk/bin/splunk add oneshot /opt/splunk/etc/system/local/log_dir/log_file* -index test -sourcetype test_log -auth admin:pass'

This shell script is set to a cronjob. It works perfectly for the first couple of cron schedules, then stops working. When I try to run it manually, I get a “login failed” error. I believe this is due to security features on the server don’t like the plane text password.
Is it possible to disable login & password authentication for the oneshot command so the shell script can execute? Otherwise, what other options do I have. Thanks for your help in advance.

OS – REDHAT 6
SPLUNK VERSION – 7.0.1

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

why oneshot every time? cant you monitor the file path / directories with inputs.conf?
also, looks like you are trying to check changes in your .../etc/system/local/... files to monitor changes.
there are easier ways to do so, for example: use | rest ... commands to bring the relevant results, put them in a summary index and check changes, copy the structure of folders to another place, for example: /tmp and run diff command and send output to splunk via scripted input, etc ...

hope it helps

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...