Getting Data In

Is it possible to use the oneshot command in a bash script without login prompt?

dajibade
bash-4.1# cat test_script
#!/bin/bash
sudo -H  -u splunk bash -c '/opt/splunk/bin/splunk add oneshot /opt/splunk/etc/system/local/log_dir/log_file* -index test -sourcetype test_log -auth admin:pass'

This shell script is set to a cronjob. It works perfectly for the first couple of cron schedules, then stops working. When I try to run it manually, I get a “login failed” error. I believe this is due to security features on the server don’t like the plane text password.
Is it possible to disable login & password authentication for the oneshot command so the shell script can execute? Otherwise, what other options do I have. Thanks for your help in advance.

OS – REDHAT 6
SPLUNK VERSION – 7.0.1

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

why oneshot every time? cant you monitor the file path / directories with inputs.conf?
also, looks like you are trying to check changes in your .../etc/system/local/... files to monitor changes.
there are easier ways to do so, for example: use | rest ... commands to bring the relevant results, put them in a summary index and check changes, copy the structure of folders to another place, for example: /tmp and run diff command and send output to splunk via scripted input, etc ...

hope it helps

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...