Getting Data In

Is it possible to remove the header in after transposing

Sampathu
Explorer

I am using the untable command instead of transpose and my result looks like

Metrics Value
cpu_core 4
ram_size 8

Can i use any command so that i don't get the header itself. My result must look like(after removing header Metrics and Value)

cpu_core 4
ram_size 8

Tags (3)
0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

... | rename Metrics as " " Value as " "

Try that, or do space dot space, etc. I'm putting more than one space between the second quotes but the forum is changing to one space

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Do these two columns have names? You could try | search col2!="Value"

Out of curiosity, why are you using untable or transpose command? You should be able to get the desired result with just the table command like this table Metric Value

0 Karma

Sampathu
Explorer

No. In my actual search the result is

cpu_core ram_size
4 8

query = original search......... | untable _time Metrics Value... (I know how to remove the _time field )
when I untable them i get it as

Metrics Value
cpu_core 4
ram_size 8

Am curious to know whether we can remove the headers itself!!

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

What visualization you're try to use? If you're using table, then a table need it's header/column name. You can try html visualization in you can you need custom visualization.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...