Getting Data In

Is it possible for a single splunk universal forwarder to be managed by two different deployment servers?

vanderaj2
Path Finder

I was wondering if possible for a single splunk universal forwarder to be managed by two different deployment servers? I imagine it may not be advisable, because of potential configuration clashes, but wanted to check to see if anyone knows for certain what Splunk's stance is on this, and whether anyone has tried it.

Thank you!

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You cannot but you can stack Deployment Servers such that the "master" Deployment Server sends to a "slave" Deployment Server and that slave has his apps directory linked to his deployment-apps directory. I am pretty sure that this is not just "not supported" but "ill advised".

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You cannot but you can stack Deployment Servers such that the "master" Deployment Server sends to a "slave" Deployment Server and that slave has his apps directory linked to his deployment-apps directory. I am pretty sure that this is not just "not supported" but "ill advised".

0 Karma

vanderaj2
Path Finder

Thanks to you both! I figured as much.....

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi vanderaj2,
I verified speaking with Splunk Support that it isn't possible!
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...