Getting Data In

Invalid earliest_time error using the java SDK

sharninder

I'm trying to search using a time range and the query works fine from the UI but when I use curl from the command line, I get a FATAL_ERROR invalid earliest_time error.

curl -u admin:password -k https://localhost:8089/services/search/jobs -d search="search *" -d earliest_time="10/30/2014:0:0:0" -d latest_time="10/30/2014:24:0:0"

What's wrong with the time format?

Update: I did try querying time in the format specified in the _time field and that worked but then the documentation states that the time format I used earlier should also work. Is the documentation incorrect?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

sklass
Path Finder

In poking through the returned data - when it did work it looks like the format should be.

YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS

Example: 2015-05-02T07:30:00

You can also append your timezone at the end as well. Really this is way harder than it should be.

patng323
Explorer

The same problem happens in the splunk CLI tool.

0 Karma

sharninder

Can anyone provide an answer to this query?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...