Getting Data In

How to write in props.conf so that the _time field takes time from the unixTime field?

gitingua
Communicator

Hello colleagues, I would like to know

I have events where there is a unixTime field. But the _time field does not show correctly

how can I write in props.conf so that the _time field takes time from the unixTime field

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @gitingua,

it's possible to set a props.conf to correctly read a unixtime as timestamp.

If you could share some sample of your logs, we could help you.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

gitingua
Communicator

@gcuselloHi!
Снимок экрана 2022-04-22 в 13.06.36.png

as you can see, my _time field is ahead of the unixTime field. And I would need the _time field to be the same as unixTime

i want to change my sourcetype in props.conf so that _time takes time from unixTime field

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

can you add some raw data inside </> block?

Some resources to use when you are onboarding data:

Basically you should configure props.conf so, that it take correct field/place from event and recognise timestamps correct. See those TIME_*  and MAX_TIMESTAMP* for found correct place. Also LINE_BREAKER needs time by time some changes.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...