I have a script that I want to put inside the appName/bin dir inside a specific app.
Previously, the script was inside the splunkHome/bin and it works perfectly and in that app, I configured the inputs.conf and the default.meta accordingly to the script.
The problem is that when I moved the script from the splunkHome/bin dir to the appName/bin dir, I changed the inputs.conf and the default.meta again, but the script that previously gave me some results, now results don't appear.
I already saw this link:
But it didn't help.
Anyone please.... Thanks
first, try to run the script manually in the new location:
$SPLKUNK_HOME/bin/splunk cmd python $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/YourAppName/bin/YourScript.py
assuming it's a python script.
If this shows no error but still does not work, add some logging functions to your script - see the docs for more details about this http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.0/AdvancedDev/ModInputsLog
Don't be confused that this link talks about modular inputs; the method of logging is the same for scripted or modular input.
Hope this helps ...