Getting Data In

How to resolve error "SRC did not 'startsrc splunkweb' on our behalf: exit code=1" when restarting a 6.0.13 universal forwarder on AIX?

sylim_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

My Splunk Deploy Server is CentOS 6.7

The UF, Splunk Universal Forwarder 6.0.13 running on server, AIX 7.1.

If you register boot-start enable after installing the agent, the service is registered in SRC.
However, when you deploy an app from deployment server, an Errpt message is generated on the AIX server.
This issue only occurs when boot-start enable is enabled. It does not occur when disable. It seems to happen when registering Splunk service in SRC.

Splunkd.log

01-18-2016 17:20:54.956 +0900 WARN  Restarter - Restarting splunkweb; SRC did not 'stopsrc splunkweb' on our behalf: exit code=1
01-18-2016 17:22:12.337 +0900 ERROR Restarter - Restarting splunkweb; SRC did not 'startsrc splunkweb' on our behalf: exit code=1
01-18-2016 17:45:38.121 +0900 WARN  Restarter - Restarting splunkweb; SRC did not 'stopsrc splunkweb' on our behalf: exit code=1
1 Solution

sylim_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can ignore the message as it's not impacting its functionality.
We will fix it asap and update here with the fix versions.

----- Update ----
Please watch the download link, https://www.splunk.com/page/previous_releases for the availabilities;

View solution in original post

sylim_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can ignore the message as it's not impacting its functionality.
We will fix it asap and update here with the fix versions.

----- Update ----
Please watch the download link, https://www.splunk.com/page/previous_releases for the availabilities;

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

this issue is present also in other versions of Splunk Forwarder: e.g. it's present also in 6.3.x until 6.3.8.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

sylim_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for the updates, it turned out to be the case. Apologies for the confusion. We are doing our best to forward-port the fix to the next available releases. I will post them here once set.

0 Karma

goelli
Communicator

Any news here? We have the same error with AIX and Splunk Universal Forwarder 6.4.5

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...