Getting Data In

How to plot timechart on elapsed time from json array object?

hungrykakarot
Explorer

Hi,

I have an application(test.app) which invokes multiple downstream application apis(profile, payments etc) and we log elapsed time of every downstream call as an element of Json Array. Is it possible to plot timechart on the p99(elapsed) time of each downstream application call separately.

Sample log : 

{
appName : test.app
downstreamStats : [
  {
    pathname : profile,
    elapsed: 250,
  },
  {
    pathname : payments,
    elapsed: 850,
  }
]
}

I want to plot timechart of the above logs with p99 of elapsed time BY pathname

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

hungrykakarot
Explorer

Seems i got it :

index=test.index appName=test.app | spath downstreamStats | search downstreamStats{}.pathname!=null |eval x=mvzip('downstreamStats{}.pathname','downstreamStats{}.elapsed',"#") | mvexpand x | rex field=x "(?<ds_path>\w+)#(?<ds_elapsed>\d+)"  | timechart span=1m p99(ds_elapsed) by ds_path

This works

View solution in original post

0 Karma

hungrykakarot
Explorer

Seems i got it :

index=test.index appName=test.app | spath downstreamStats | search downstreamStats{}.pathname!=null |eval x=mvzip('downstreamStats{}.pathname','downstreamStats{}.elapsed',"#") | mvexpand x | rex field=x "(?<ds_path>\w+)#(?<ds_elapsed>\d+)"  | timechart span=1m p99(ds_elapsed) by ds_path

This works

0 Karma

hungrykakarot
Explorer

I tried below but it didnt work :

index=test.index appName=test.app | spath downstreamStats | search downstreamStats{}.pathname!=null | eval x=mvzip('downstreamStats{}.pathname','downstreamStats{}.elapsed',"#") | mvexpand x | rex field=x "(?<ds_path>)#(?<ds_elapsed>)" | timechart span=1m p99(ds_elapsed) by ds_path

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Extract the collection as a complete object, extract the items from the collection, mvexpand to create events for each item, extract the pathname and elapsed fields, plot your chart.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...