Getting Data In

How to override Source Type for Windows Eventlog

FritzWittwer_ol
Contributor

How do I change the sourcetype for evenets from Windows eventlog, it is usualy WinEventLog:, where logname may be for exameple System or Application. In the following inputs.conf configuration

[WinEventLog:System]
sourcetype=tidal_evtl
disabled = 0

the events arrive with a sourcetype of WinEventLog:System instead of tidal_evtl.

0 Karma

treinke
Builder

Using the props.conf file on the indexer might be the way to go. The following should make everything with a source of WinEventLog:System have a sourcetype of tidal_evtl.

[source::WinEventLog:System]
sourcetype = tidal_evtl
There are no answer without questions

FritzWittwer_ol
Contributor

Well this will not solve my problem, I have to assign different source types to the same event log on different servers, so I have to change it on the forwarder, not on the indexer.
I know not the proper way to do it in Splunk, but his is an app I inherited which relays on this.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...