Getting Data In

How to monitor two files with different names in the same directory, and index all duplicate events on my receiver?

englishjohn

I have two different file names in the same directory on a forwarder. The problem is, the data for both files are the same, so how do I allow all the events to be indexed on my receiver side?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Monitor individual files instead of the whole directory.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

englishjohn

How do i monitor individual files ? Is there an example ?

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi @englishjohn

If the answer by @richgalloway solved your issue, please don't forget to resolve the post by clicking "Accept" directly below his answer. If you're still having issues, please comment with more details.

Thanks!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In your [monitor://] stanza name, put a path to an individual file instead of to a directory. See http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.0/Admin/Inputsconf for more.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...