Getting Data In

How to map a custom App on a search head to a Remote Index on a indexer which is a separate physical server in a unclustered distributed deployment?

samhodgson
Path Finder

Hi,

I've created a custom app on my search head and want to map it to an index on my indexer which is a separate physical server in a distributed deployment(not clustered).

I am editing the indexes.conf in the app and dutifully pointing the homepath to $SPLUNK_DB/appname/db, however, it's not on the local filesystem. Does Splunk handle $SPLUNK_DB and realize this actually resides on a remote server? I haven't set $SPLUNK_DB in splunk-launch.conf so I believe it will default to $SPLUNK_HOME/var/lib/splunk which is a local path. Also nothing set in sys env vars.

env | grep SPLUNK
SPLUNK_HOME=/opt/splunk
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...