Getting Data In

How to ingest large volume of data to Splunk via REST API call without pagination?

arjitg
Explorer

Hi Team! I need to make a REST API GET call to ingest a fairly large amount of data to splunk and unfortunately, this REST API doesn't have a pagination logic. So, it literally dumps an entire set of some 50,000 records every time. So may I know which can be the best way to ingest only new data into Splunk? Is there any best practices to ingest only delta records (which are new) to the system? Thanks.   

0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

Are you writing a modular inputs? If so, you should add a checkpoint method for bookkeeping what you have already ingesting and what is the next one.

If you are asking something else, then you must clarify your question.

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

arjitg
Explorer

Thanks @isoutamo! Yeah So this is a scripted input but certainly, I can implement the checkpoint logic to this solution. 

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

Are you writing a modular inputs? If so, you should add a checkpoint method for bookkeeping what you have already ingesting and what is the next one.

If you are asking something else, then you must clarify your question.

r. Ismo

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...