Getting Data In

How to group multiple machines and user session time into a readable chart

earonwilliams12

Hi all!

I am currently working on a dashboard metrics project that involves me attempting to create a dashboard panel that outputs the total number of hours / time spent on a set number of machines. In short, I need to:

1. Group together a list of machines
  2. Calculate the total number of hours users are spending on said machine.

Here is what I am currently able to do:

I have created a search function that properly calculates the usage of each machine via log on/log offs. The information is broken down via the machine name, user, time logged in, time logged out, and total duration of each user's session in a single machine.

I hit a mental block on how to convert the total duration / time of each session and machine into a single readable format.

Thank you all in advance!

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

Can you provide some samples of total duration / time and expected output?

0 Karma

jpalacian
Path Finder

Hi!

use tostring(X, "duration") in your own query:

| makeresults limit=1 | eval foo=303030 | eval duration=tostring(foo,"duration")
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...