Getting Data In

How to get results only from the last source file?

bruno_eduardo
Path Finder

Hi,

I got an index which continuously receive new source file automatically, what I want is to my search to only return events from the last source file. Should be something simple but I did not figure it out, maybe with the |head command.

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this (replace ... with the exact same base search; yes, twice):

... [ ... | stats latest(source) AS source ]

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this (replace ... with the exact same base search; yes, twice):

... [ ... | stats latest(source) AS source ]

jul1an
Engager

Yes!! In my case I have solved with head comand:

index=index1 source="file.csv" Status="Active" [search index=index1 source="file.csv" | dedup _time | head 1 | return _time] |...

bruno_eduardo
Path Finder

Thanks!!!!

0 Karma

bruno_eduardo
Path Finder

What about the Before Last?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

... NOT [ ... | stats latest(source) AS source ]
0 Karma

bruno_eduardo
Path Finder

But I mean before last source file only

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Did you try it? That's what it does.

0 Karma

bruno_eduardo
Path Finder

Yes I tried, I have 20 source files for this index and when I do this I got 19, every each of them except the last one. What I need is only the 19th one. I already got the 20th with your answer, just need the before last.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

... [ ... | dedup source | reverse | list(source) AS source| eval source=mvindex(source,1) ]

You can then adjust the 1 to whichever one you would like.

0 Karma

bruno_eduardo
Path Finder

That is really great but don't solve the problem, This search would only help if I had a fixed number of source files, the problems is: The index continuously receive new source file automatically, so I would need to change the search every time.

0 Karma

bruno_eduardo
Path Finder

Sorry it worked, without the |reverse, look:

index="myindex" [search index="myindex" | dedup source |stats list(source) AS source| eval source=mvindex(source,2) ]

this bring myu before last source file events.

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...