Getting Data In

How to forward Windows Event Viewer HPC Server logs with inputs.conf? ,

mdu23

I currently use inputs.conf file to forward Windows Event Viewer Application logs to Splunk via the following syntax:
[WinEventLog://Application]
disabled = 0

I'm wondering if anyone knows the Syntax to forward "Windows HPC Server" logs to Splunk?

Thanks!
Michael.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion
0 Karma

mdu23

Hi Gurav,

I think the way we send logs to Splunk is a little different to solution proposed by the Microsoft forum. We currently use AWS Cloud to spin up Windows Servers. We spend HPC logs via inputs.conf file linked to our Json code. The content of the inputs.conf file looks like:

[WinEventLog://Application]
disabled = 0

[WinEventLog://Security]
disabled = 0

[WinEventLog://System]
disabled = 0

I want to ask if anyone knows the Syntax for adding Window HPC Server logs to the inputs.conf file??? The actual Event Viewer logs in Windows can be found under: Event Viewer (Local) > Application and Services Logs > Windows HPC Server.

Thanks
Michael

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...