Path Finder

How to filter a query?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

majilan1
Path Finder

Thanks gcusello,

What I want to do first is to filter based on :  If there are any extracts where TOTAL_PIECES is >0 and  RETRIVAL_ATTEMPT is = 99, I know that I have to add | fillnull for this field, but not working for me.

Any advice please!

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @majilan1,

as I said, this isn't the location for this kind of questions, this is a Splunk Community.

In addition, I'm not an expert in SQL,  maybe there someone else with this knowledge that can help you.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @majilan1,

I cannot help you in SQL because I don't know your system and I'm not an expert in SQL, but I hint to follow a different approach.

Using dbxquery command, you have very bad performances from your search because the methid was'n created for onliune transactions, but for batch data extractions.

The best approach is to create a dbx input to extract data using your query or a similar, and then you can use the data in Splunk using SPL.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...