Getting Data In

How to extract multivalue identity fields into their own identities

cpalicensing

The following is a section of an larger JSON data source digested into our Splunk instance:

"identities": [{"issuerAssignedId": "bob.smith@gmail.com", "issuer": "domain.onmicrosoft.com", "signInType": "emailAddress"}, {"issuerAssignedId": "0023587453958742158@domain.onmicrosoft.com", "issuer": "domain.onmicrosoft.com", "signInType": "userPrincipalName"}]

The problem is this data ends up in three multi-valued fields:

identities{}.issuer
identities{}.issuerAssignedId
identities{}.signInType

I need to extract the "identities{}.issuerAssignedId" into their own fields as separate identities. Is this something that can be done at search time, or do I need to add a transform somewhere? If a transform is needed, what could that look like?

Thank you!

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
your search
| rename identities{}.* as *
| table issuer issuerAssignedId signInType
| eval counter=mvrange(0, mvcount(issuerAssignedId))
| mvexpand counter
| rename counter as _counter
| foreach * [ eval <<FIELD>> = mvindex('<<FIELD>>', _counter)]
| fields - _counter
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...