Getting Data In

How to enable status of tokens using HTTP Event Collector (HEC) on Splunk Cloud trial version?

mjunglw
Engager

I am trying to use Splunk's HEC to ingest data. I noticed that the HEC tokens' statuses are disabled. How can I enable this to use HEC?

Also, I don't see an option to enable HEC.

I am using Splunk Free on Splunk Cloud. I don't have a license and I didn't download anything.

alt text
alt text

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Sfry1981
Communicator

Hi @mjunglw

You will be very limited on a free license as the free cloud license only lasts 15 days. You would normally have a HEC creation button but with free this wont be available. Your best speaking to Splunk directly or downloading the enterprise version to run locally.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

danfox4488

I have same problem.
Documents say use 'Global Settings' on HEC page. But, on Splunk Cloud there is not Global Settings button next to New Token.

No support on trial, so can't access Splunk support.

Seems like a pretty serious limitation since you can also not send syslog traffic to splunk cloud.

Anyway to get HEC token enabled on Splunk Coud trial?

0 Karma

Sfry1981
Communicator

Hi @mjunglw

You will be very limited on a free license as the free cloud license only lasts 15 days. You would normally have a HEC creation button but with free this wont be available. Your best speaking to Splunk directly or downloading the enterprise version to run locally.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...