Getting Data In

How to display data as a timeline in a table with correct timezone?

xploresplunk

I want to display my data as a timeline in a table. However, I noticed that the information that I'm analyzing has a timestamp that corresponds to a different timezone. I want to be able to display the time in my current timezone, which is US/Central. Is there a shortcut to modify the time? I thought about just subtracting the hours, but I don't know how to take into account when it is daylight saving time.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Go to <Your Name> -> Preferences -> Time zone and set it to whatever you like.

0 Karma

xploresplunk

Times still don't match. Is there another way to change the time through the search?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You are looking at the wrong thing. The raw text of the event will not change but notice that there are 3 fields in your search results: i, Time, and Event. The one that adjusts is Time.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...