Getting Data In

How to deploy a Splunk Universal Forwarder through GPO and MST setup?

sardinha1
Engager

I have been trying to push the Splunk Universal Forwarder out to my client systems via GPO. I would like, however, to generate an MST file that:
a) Accepts the EULA and
b) sets a predefined Receiving Indexer.

Utilizing Orca.exe I have made attempts at MSTs with the following:

Under the Property Table I assigned the Property of AGREETOLICENSE the value of Yes. As for the receiving indexer, I tried both the following:
1) Create new row in the Property table called RECEIVING_INDEXER and set the value to ipaddress:portnumber and
2) Under the AdminProperties row I modified ;RECEIVING_INDEXER; to ;RECEIVING_INDEXER=ipaddress:portnumber neither of which seemed to work.

I also made sure to go to the advanced properties on my GPO to check "Ignore language when deploying this package".

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

tiagomiranda
Explorer

Is it works?
Could you send me the script?

Thank you!

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try RECEIVING_INDEXER="ipaddress:portnumber".

I found when I was testing deploying it via SCCM that the quotes were important.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...