Getting Data In

How to create a script for DBConnect that adds an action to an existing alert?

dorgra
Path Finder

We use DBConnect to retrieve SQL data. We have a critical feed that is fairly stable. I added a retrieval for just the SQL row count. This is a Batch retrieval. I added an alert to let our team know when/if the SQL table 'Row Count' differs from what we actually retrieved. I'd like to add an action to the alert. Runing a script looks like the likely candidate. 

I need a script for DBConnect. The following line is from a log file indicating the Input name in DBConnect (Device_Inventory):

2020-09-25 03:33:00.001 -0500 [QuartzScheduler_Worker-9] INFO org.easybatch.core.job.BatchJob - Job 'Device_Inventory' starting.

Any help would be most appreciated. I'm trying to avoid a 24/7 response team for this data. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...