Getting Data In

How to configure props.conf and transforms.conf to filter events with LogLevel=INFO to nullQueue?

Norling80
Path Finder

Hi guys.

I have a JBoss ServerLog that contains events with the following LogLevels:
INFO
WARNING
ERROR
SEVERE

I don't want to index events with LogLevel=INFO, how should my props.conf and transforms.conf look like?

1 Solution

gfuente
Motivator

Thanks

Then you can use this config:

props.conf:

[yourjbosssourcetype]
 TRANSFORMS-info=eliminate-info

transforms.conf

[eliminate-info]
 REGEX=\d*\sINFO\s\[
 DEST_KEY=queue
 FORMAT=nullQueue

Regards

View solution in original post

gfuente
Motivator

Thanks

Then you can use this config:

props.conf:

[yourjbosssourcetype]
 TRANSFORMS-info=eliminate-info

transforms.conf

[eliminate-info]
 REGEX=\d*\sINFO\s\[
 DEST_KEY=queue
 FORMAT=nullQueue

Regards

Norling80
Path Finder

Worked like a charm, with a minor update to the regex:

REGEX=\d*\sINFO\s+\[

Thanks you very much!

gfuente
Motivator

Is would be useful if you add some sample events, as is needed to define a regex to filter out those events

regards

Norling80
Path Finder

Sure, here you go. LogLevels in bold:

2015-03-05 09:49:45,994 +0100 INFO org.apache.cxf.services.ServerService.ServerPort.Server Inbound Message
2015-03-05 09:49:45,227 +0100 INFO LOG_gamings.system.GameServlet Redirecting the request from Game : gamename_mobile_html_sw to new game flow
2015-03-05 06:35:14,808 +0100 ERROR org.jboss.as.ejb3 javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException:

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi @Norling80

Just wanted to follow up and see if @gfuente's answer below solved your question. If yes, don't forget to accept his answer and upvote it. Thanks!

Patrick

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...