Getting Data In

How do you call multiple REST APIs?

nithinrao9696

Is it possible to call multiple APIs using Splunk? To be more clear, have an API that will log in to the get sessionID and the other call that uses the sessionID to get the list of all elements.

0 Karma

sduff_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, that is the major purpose of the REST API Splunk provides.

Refer to https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.5/RESTUM/RESTusing which outlines how to authenticate to Splunk via REST, then use the sessionID to create a search, poll to check if it has finished, and then fetch the results once finalized.

0 Karma

btawiah
Explorer

was this successful because i am also interested in the approach.

0 Karma

nithinrao9696

I'm trying to call external REST API's using splunk, will it be possible?

0 Karma

sduff_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You will need to develop your own script to call the REST endpoints. Usually, this is done in Python, but you can use any language you like.

If you configure this as a scripted input, the standard output of your script will be ingested by Splunk

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...