Getting Data In

How do you add Perfmon:Process in universal forwarders?

wellhung
Explorer

Hi,

How do you add Perfmon:Process into Splunk universal forwarders? I tried using the guides, but Splunk does not show any new Source/type.

I added the following in both inputs.conf and wmi.conf. Do I need just one of them?

I added the files in /etc/system/local/ directory of each server that has a UF:

wmi.conf

## Processes
[WMI:LocalProcesses]
interval = 10
wql = SELECT Name, IDProcess, PrivateBytes, PercentProcessorTime FROM Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfProc_Process
index = windows
disabled = 0

inputs.conf

[perfmon://Process]
interval = 10
object = Process
counters = *
instances = *
index = windows

Also in inputs.conf

[WinEventLog://Application]
disabled = 0

[WinEventLog://Security]
disabled = 0

[WinEventLog://System]
disabled = 0

The default index for the Windows event logs "wineventlog" seems to grow, but I can't see them in any of the servers. How do I search them? Are they supposed to show up in Source or Source Type?

Please help.

Thanks.

jpolcari
Communicator

You can add perfmon monitoring by using either of those stanzas. Both are not required. The default sourcetype name should be "Perfmon:Process". Try searching the following to see if any events are being indexed:

sourcetype="Perfmon:Process" 

Here is some additional information: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.1/Data/MonitorWindowsperformance

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...