Getting Data In

How do I suppress web page pop-up when I uninstall Splunk?

hacktastic
Path Finder

Hi,

I'm building a hands-off LWF installer to be pushed out to Windows servers that removes older versions of Splunk and re-installs a fresh version. I've found that 4.1.x launches a web page at the end of an uninstall. Is there a switch I can use to suppress it during command line uninstall?

Thanks!

Ed
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There is a Windows Installer property (aka Installer Flag) that you can pass to disable the uninstall survey: SUPPRESS_SURVEY=1.

For example:

msiexec /x splunk.msi SUPPRESS_SURVEY=1

bandit
Motivator

This option should be part of the official documentation rather than searching for it on Splunk Answers as there are many cases where the install and uninstall of Splunk or Splunk Heavy Forwarder may be automated in an enterprise environment.

0 Karma

nurtdi
Path Finder

did you find an answer? I need to uninstall on 150 servers and I need to disable this...

0 Karma

nurtdi
Path Finder

Did you find an answer? I need to do the same... 150 servers to uninstall. Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...